Director of Community Engagement & Impact
Do you believe that health care is a human right? Are you passionate about eliminating health inequities? Do you share our vision of a community where racism has been eradicated, racial equity has been achieved, systems, policies, and prevailing norms are supporting health equity, and—as a result—historically marginalized communities are flourishing?
Are you a natural relationship builder with experience engaging in community-led coalitions, elevating issues, and advocating for and investing in solutions?
If you’ve answered yes, you could be Cone Health Foundation’s Director of Community Engagement & Impact.
Cone Health Foundation eliminates health inequities, especially for historically marginalized communities by advocating for and investing in community-driven solutions. The Foundation’s strategic plan is anchored in four pillars:
- Funding: Our funding builds the capacity of organizations doing the work to eliminate health inequities, to do what they do even better.
- Visibility & Communications: We support a learning community by sharing concepts, ideas, and best practices that help us, our partner, and grantees work more effectively.
- Partnership: We are cultivating strategic relationships and supporting organizations to work together to eliminate health inequities.
- Advocacy: We lend our voice and reputation to close the gap on health inequities.
These pillars are overlayed with the Foundation’s issue areas of health, food, safe housing, education, and economic mobility, all of which are focused on better serving communities who are most impacted by health inequities.
With that in mind, Cone Health Foundation is hiring a Director of Community Engagement & Impact to advocate for and invest in community-driven solutions.
What will you do as Cone Health Foundation’s Community Engagement & Impact?
Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Community Engagement & Impact will leverage the natural relationship between equity and community engagement to substantially impact and improve community health outcomes and address inequities by identifying community needs, helping shape the Foundation’s initiatives to meet them, promoting participation, and assessing the impact of these initiatives. The successful candidate will have a clear commitment to community health and racial equity, understanding the importance of centering equity to achieve the Foundation’s mission.
Major responsibilities of the Director of Community Engagement & Impact include:
- Drive the Foundation’s equity efforts, working closely with the Foundation President, staff, and board of directors to develop internal and external strategies and implementation plans to address racial, socioeconomic, and other inequities that impact health and wellness.
- Develop and deliver resources, tools, and training that ensure the Foundation’s practices, processes, policies, and programmatic initiatives are rooted in equity and justice.
- Identify and support efforts that emphasize authentic civic and community engagement and racial equity. Work in partnership with the Foundation’s leadership to ensure policy agenda development and implementation efforts reflect the Foundation’s commitment to equity and justice.
- Identify, develop, and foster trusting relationships that position the foundation to drive systemic and community change in the Greensboro area. Serve as the liaison between Cone Health Foundation and community-based initiatives and agencies.
- Seek out and actively participate in coalitions, collaboratives, partnerships, civic engagement opportunities, and community-organized initiatives that further the Foundation’s mission and priority areas.
- Synthesize social determinants of health, research, and observational data to inform the work of the foundation. Make recommendations for ways the Foundation can impact and improve community health outcomes.
- Advise Foundation leadership on the integration of community engagement and racial equity concepts into all aspects of the Foundation’s program and community investment strategy.
- Evaluate the Foundation’s equity and community engagement efforts through qualitative and quantitative data.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Director of Community Engagement & Impact
The Director of Community Engagement & Impact must demonstrate a firm commitment to the mission of Cone Health Foundation. In addition, the individual may possess the attributes, skills, and qualifications listed below:
- Ten years of relevant experience organizing and leading grass roots community efforts and community-based networks and collaboratives
- Knowledge of the broad social and economic forces affecting the Greensboro community and families and significant experience supporting community mobilization and civic engagement actions
- The ability to articulate the mission and vision of Cone Health Foundation, priority areas, and the role of the foundation in convening the community around important and challenging issues
- Substantial work and leadership experience related to equity and community engagement
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the implementation of effective programs, and the skill to facilitate productive dialogue within diverse communities and settings
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural values and norms of various communities, particularly communities of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and immigrants
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish credibility and develop and manage productive relationships with internal and external individuals, grantees, funders, and community-based organizations
- Experience with population health, public health, or community health is preferred; passionate champion for the community
- Significant experience working in both communities and complex organizations
- Deep content knowledge of equity issues, research, and best practices
- Passion around health issues and health equity
- Ability to work efficiently with flexibility, enthusiasm, and diplomacy
- Demonstrated professionalism and sound judgement
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Current engagement in community organizations and/or initiatives is preferred
- Enthusiastic approach to work, with the humility and attitude to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to team building and culture
- Experience working in the philanthropic and/or nonprofit sector is desired
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Lived experience of a marginalized identity is considered a valuable asset
Are you Cone Health Foundation’s Director of Community Engagement & Impact?
To apply, click on the link to the Director of Community Engagement & Impact – Cone Health Foundation position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact email@example.com. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the requirements of the position and begins in the $105,000 range. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; a well-being program; 401(a) retirement, 403(b) savings, and 457(b) deferred compensation plans; leadership incentive plan; 40 days to be used for vacation, holiday, and sick time; and paid parental leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cone Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities for applicants and employees. All employees and applicants for employment will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, ability, and performance without regard to race, religion, age sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, ethnicity, national origin, disability, color, or as otherwise protected by law.